Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lead and supervise front office associates who are responsible for the guest registration process and communication of hotel services; process and help other front desk associates process guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key; ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions; secure payment prior to issuing room key, verify/adjust billing; process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, and charges; accommodate guest requests, contacting appropriate staff if necessary; anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations; coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in; follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues; compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists and complete cashier and closing reports; assist management in training, motivating and coaching front office associates; perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisor.
- Performs Front Desk duties when subordinate staff are unable to complete their duties or as other guest demands require.
- A high school education or equivalent required
- At least two years previous hotel front desk experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Front Office operations and procedures
- Able to lead and supervise other associates effectively
- Availability to work a variable work schedule
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed